I seriously need to update this blog more often. We have had yet another busy month, and next month is looking to be just about as busy! We just got back from a trip to Louisiana. Paul's parents are going to be moving to Arizona in the next few months and Paul and I went to help get a few things prepared. I forget how beautiful the south is. I forget how sticky you feel thanks to some crazy humidity. I forget the symphony of sound at night. I forgot the smell, caused by lots of vegetation mixed with wet humidity, but it is a good smell. I forgot the feeling of being enclosed by trees. You really are hard pressed to find a view to look over because you are surrounded by trees. I also have forgotten how nice people are in the south. It made me miss my mission days! I have been home for so long I forget a lot of precious memories until they are brought up. The cashiers talk to you, strangers on the street say hello. They offer advice, directions, and laughs. Maybe it's from living in California to long. I barely know my neighbors and if you get a nod or a smile from a passerby that is a good friend. People in the south really are interested. They love people, it really is a beautiful thing.
We took a trip to the Bass sporting goods store- and it was a trip! It looked like Disneyland inside. I guess they tailor their stores to the local and it looked like the bayou. There were great big trees covered in moss, gators, stuffed dead animals, ponds with catfish- it was crazy! I was expecting to go get an a ride at the back of the store, but instead there were just fishing poles! We also had to go to Wal-Mart to buy my son some LSU gear for next year. All I know is that I sure am an accommodating wife! After this trip, I actually am beginning to understand my husbands obsession for all things LSU. I would say that everywhere we went there was a ton of people wearing LSU gear. Grown man, women, kids, and babies- everyone is obsessed down there!
I will post some pics tonight when I have time to upload them!
No comments:
Post a Comment