Thursday, February 12, 2009

GH

Let me start off by claiming that I never watch soaps. I understood some years ago no matter what soap opera it is, it's the same show- different year. But today in between cleaning my bathrooms for company and doing laundry, I sat down to eat. I flipped through the channels and decided to mix it up a little bit- add some variety to my afternoon TV. There was lots of good stuff on, "confessions of a teen idol", "rock of love", a rerun on HGTV and TLC, but I decided I'd check out GH. Has any one seen it lately? I have no idea what is going on, but for the first time in my whole life I saw something that I thought I'd never see- the token ugly guy. They have a very unfortunate looking castmember. And to make things worse they make him talk like yoda. A beautiful girl is somewhat in love with him, but she can't show it. I know why- cause he's ugly. It's the reverse ugly duckling story- only I'm not sure they can make him handsome. I'm all for equal opportunity, but I think it's mean to put someone less attractive in the looks department into a sea of beautiful people. It's only gonna make you look uglier! EVERYONE knows that! Why do pretty girls make friends with not so pretty girls- so they can be the prettiest one. I'm making this dude my new cause. I think it's some form of exploitation. I can only hope that in real life this guy is now getting chicks because he is on TV.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love it!!! You are so funny! I will back you in your cause. Maybe someday I'll get a day off work and I'll check this "ugly guy" out!

Dixons said...

Oh, I get it! Now I FINALLY get why you're friends with me--just to make you look better. ;) Thanks, Chels.