Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer beginnings

June was a busy month for us! We had a great time having Anna and the kids down for the weekend and visiting Paul's family in AZ, and attending Peter's (Paul's little brother) wedding. Throw in my trip to Utah and it was non-stop fun! I have to say that I love family get togethers with the Christensen's. I pretty much don't see my baby at all because he is too busy playing with his myriad of cousins. I kind of feel like a bad mom because we don't spend hardly any time together, but he would rather be playing with the big kids. I can't believe this weekend is the 4th of July. I need some time to catch my breath!
Evan and Scout had a great time at the beach. He loves to play in the sand, but he's not so impressed with the water. He loves the pool, but the waves scare him. I'm a nice mom and don't force the issue- o.k. I hate the water too. How convenient for me!
Evan and Scout. These two play so well together and he talks about her for days after she comes. Since we don't have any other family nearby, it has been so great having them around!
He spent 5 solid days in the pool. I only made him take an official bath twice- what's the point of being clean when your just going to jump in the pool again?
Water babies. Paul and Evan are both like fish in the water. I can't believe how comfortable he is "yumping" in the pool and going under water. Paul is the best dad for taking him swimming as often as he does. Hopefully he won't grow up to be a terrible swimmer and water hater like his mom!

3 comments:

JJDDS said...

Very Cute!

JJDDS said...

oh-BTW that was from me (sarah) :)

Chrissy said...

So cute...I love the pic with the sandy face! We are heading down to my mom's on July 27th!!!