I can't believe it's already been a month! Kate is the world's nicest baby. She is very mellow and just hangs out when she's awake. So far she is a great sleeper- she usually sleeps 6 hours stretches at night. I'm beyond grateful for that! She has been smiling and cooing for a little while and there is nothing sweeter in the world than that. I love the stage she's just entering when she is starting to engage you. I was holding her yesterday and looked down to find her smiling just waiting for me to say something. Nothing makes a moms heart melt faster than that "hey! I've been waiting for you" recognition. I forgot how special mornings with a well rested and just fed baby are! They don't last as long as I wish they could but so far we are just loving having a few moments of alone time. She's a trooper when it comes to taking in all the "love" that Evan has for her. In between the "close calls" of affection, he really does love her! We are so happy to have her!
Monday, November 23, 2009
1 Month
I can't believe it's already been a month! Kate is the world's nicest baby. She is very mellow and just hangs out when she's awake. So far she is a great sleeper- she usually sleeps 6 hours stretches at night. I'm beyond grateful for that! She has been smiling and cooing for a little while and there is nothing sweeter in the world than that. I love the stage she's just entering when she is starting to engage you. I was holding her yesterday and looked down to find her smiling just waiting for me to say something. Nothing makes a moms heart melt faster than that "hey! I've been waiting for you" recognition. I forgot how special mornings with a well rested and just fed baby are! They don't last as long as I wish they could but so far we are just loving having a few moments of alone time. She's a trooper when it comes to taking in all the "love" that Evan has for her. In between the "close calls" of affection, he really does love her! We are so happy to have her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! She is beautiful.
She is the cutest little bug! Happy Thanksgiving!
Sooo cute!!! Enjoy cuz one day she'll be 16!!! Wish you lived closer!
I'm loving the spruced-up curly locks!! Hope they stay... precious!
Post a Comment