Tuesday, September 4, 2012
The day has come! We have been frantically preparing for the big day for quite some time now. I can not believe its time. Evan was awesome this morning. He was more excited than I thought he'd be. Not scared at all. He gave me a kiss and watched me go. I teared up and left. I cannot believe he is so big. I say it all the time, but every new milestone is met with happiness for him, and sadness for me. Bittersweet. Evan is such a great kid. He is funny, pretty cheerful and nice. He loves his family, friends and trains. I love that he's still into Thomas. I love that he's passionate about something. I took him to the train store and even though we have 90% of it, he still gets excited about it. Things like "Mom, check out this Thomas he was white on him and his eyes move back and forth. Isn't' that interesting?" That Thomas also cost $57, lets just say he'll never own it! He still loves art and he is a great singer. I think he is the best cuddle bug and I am loving our conversations as he gets older. He is very curious about nature. He catches on to everything, we now have to wait to talk about serious things until Evan goes to bed, or out of the room, because he will grab onto every adult subject. When he hears new things he says "will you tell me all about it". He is starting to play with Kate like she is a friend. They egg each other on, keep each other up late at night, encourage each other to try things, and make each other laugh. I know I am feeling sentimental today, but I love this boy and I'm so happy for his new adventure. I'm happy that he's growing up so well. I'm happy that he's a good brother and friend. But most of all I'm blessed because he's mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment