Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We had a great 4th of July. We actually stayed on San Diego which according to Paul means that we have officially embraced San Diego. I say that it means that we officially have a crazy one year old. I guess if truth be told, it probably means a little of both. We started off the fourth by going to the local Scripps Ranch parade, and then we took off to the park for follow up fun. We came home and took the baby swimming and napped so we could be sure to stay awake for the fireworks. Evan loved being out late, not to mention the fireworks. I'm really starting to understand the importance of tradition the older Evan gets. I loved doing our own family thing and continuing on the tradition that is the 4th.
This is what Evan thinks of coming in after swimming!
Paul and Evan at the parade. We had a hard time keeping him on the sidelines. If he had it his way he would have gladly marched with the parade.
Evan and me at the fireworks. He was mesmerised by it all-as long as he was sitting on my lap!
We installed a ceiling fan a few weeks ago, and Evan was happy to help!
One of his favorite places to play. He loves climbing in, but still can't figure how to climb out. Look how massive his foot looks in this picture!

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I can't believe Evan is 1! Life does get a bit busier once they learn to walk, huh? :) He is so cute! I love the bum shot...priceless!

Anna said...

He is having so much fun I love it! He doesn't even look like a baby anymore.

Hoagland Family said...

love that cute little bum!!!

Life does get a bit crazy once you have a toddler on your hands!

How has your summer been? We need to catch up! Are you coming out to UT anytime this summer?

jaime said...

chelsey....

i found you. (oh. that sounded way creepier than i meant it.)

anyways. hi! cute blog!