Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The first batch of Tahoe!

Here are just a few of our pics from Tahoe. As you can see, Evan had too much of a good time. In fact, we are making up for his great time this week with a high fever and hours of sleep! It was so great to have most of Paul's family attend the annual trip! I never thought I would be so grateful for all the niece's and nephews, but this year I learned how great they can be. Not only do I love them, but Evan does too! He basically only hung out with me when it was time for bed, food, or a kiss to make it better. He spent the entire week trying to keep up with the big kids! I read the second and third book of the Twilight series just because I could! This was truly a vacation to remember!
He finally crashed on the last five minutes of the trip home. You can see his battle scars from the week! He fell on some rocks while we were at the pool. His nose was bleeding, and his eye was swollen- I was pretty sure he would have a black eye. Luckily for us CPS wasn't called and his nose is almost healed. It's amazing how quick babies rebound from this stuff!
Want to know the trick for keeping a one year old entertained in the airport? Here's your answer! Poor Paul! They must have rode the escalators up and down 50 times.
Here is a good shot of the nose!
Watermelon is Evan's favorite. He was working on this chunk for a long time. The beauty about feeding your baby watermelon in at the lake is that he's already half naked, the juice won't ruin or linger on clothes, and there is water nearby to rinse off! This is such a win/win situation!
How CUTE is my kid?! I love this smile! We were driving home from breakfast one morning and he was just so happy! He kept smiling into the mirror to get my attention. His favorite songs to rock out to currently include "The Wheels on the Bus" and when he wants you to sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" , he will hold his hands over his head like the rain is going to come down. I think he is a little music man, and that he gets from his mama. One day we'll have to expand his music repitoire!

2 comments:

mandy said...

All of a sudden he's a little boy!! He's so grown up. We miss you guys.

emilylynn said...

Alright, I must say that Evan is one of the cutest kids i have ever seen, besides my kids of course. ha ha. Love you guys