Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Do you think my kid needs a yard?

As much as I love living in CA, and I have even embraced the benefits of renting but there are days when living in a less expensive place would be nice. That way my poor boy could have a yard. Don't get me wrong- he abuses this little patch of cement and dirt. I don't think anyone has ever been so grateful for a patio, but I know he secretly longs for a yard. I too long for a yard (not to take care of), but to let my kid run with all day long with no mom hovering over his every step. To a kid a yard=freedom. To a parent a yard=freedom. It would really be a win/win situation. Needing to look on the bright side, here are some pictures of the monkey making the most of his patio. He likes to drive his truck, use spatulas as shovels, and bring dirt inside. His latest obsession is sitting in the empty pot (I told you I didn't want to take care of a yard). It's the best seat in the house. Now if he could only find a way to watch Backyardigans from the porch...



2 comments:

Anna said...

I hear you on the yard thing! Looks like that kid needs a place to get dirty. Hey, are we getting together for Thanksgiving?

Lisa said...

At least you have a cement slab to abuse. I am right there with you though. I'd give up the weather for a higher standard of living.