Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Boy

Evan has grown like a weed in the past few months. He talks and tells stories and sings like a champ. I love the stories best. He hands turn as he tries to tell it as if turning them makes it come faster. He fills in the words with "annnn.." and he gets so excited when he's done. He can take a melody and change the words on a dime. For instance this morning he sang singing "more yogurt" over and over to the tune of "twinkle twinkle little star". Yesterday as I was struggling to get him down for his nap he sat up in bed and said "mommy, I need to listen to you". Something he's heard his parents say numerous times, but doesn't quite grasp. His favorite show is Caillou and he wants to watch it all the time. He also does little naughty things which are funny. Sometimes it's hard to contain laughter when he does them. One of us will often have to leave the room while the other does the "we don't say those kinds of words" talk. He's also pretty challenging to reign in, but he is a boy and he's about to be 3. I no longer judge parents with crazy kids- I have one. I adore him nonetheless!
I love this pic! It couldn't be anymore Evan than this. Paul had knee surgery yesterday and Evan was all about his purple socks! He went to bed with them and they have been on ever since. He is about as white as the cabinets!
A couple of rainy days will do this to you. Kudo's to all my friends raising kids in the snow. I always complain about not having seasons but after we had rain for a straight week it made me appreciate just being able to go outside and find things to do. I won't complain again!
Here is the blanket or de-de as it is affectionately known at our house. I really have tried to fix and repair it, but it's so threadbare it's beyond repair.
There is a party in my dishwasher! Who knew opening your dishwasher could be so fun?

5 comments:

Anna said...

He is pretty awesome!

Lisa said...

Elefun!! We have that game, good times!

Princess Sarah said...

UGH!! She is growing up so fast!!! Thanks for the update! I MISS YOU! P.S. you look great in that family picture!You would never know it was a crazy day! Love it!

The Trainas said...

LOVE that boy. So funny, his pics. How is Paul doing, btw? Want dinner? I'll text to see. You must be going crazy! :)

Heather said...

Evan is awesome ... I totally want to hold Kate and that family picture is just adorable!