Well, its officially September and I have nothing to show for our super busy summer! Something was wrong with our camera and in our efforts to try to salvage it, we sure did lose a few memories. We finally broke down and bought a new one and I think it has made my summer. I'm so excited to use it! I wanted an SLR, Paul refuses to get a big camera so we compromised and settled in the middle. We bought the Canon SX200, and so far I love it! It was a ton a features, a 12X (huge!) zoom, it's compact, plus you can still shoot in manual mode. So far, so good. So hopefully there will be more to post coming soon! Now I just have to weed through a lot of wasted "experimental" shots.
Evan has grown a ton this summer! Gone are his baby days and now he's full throttle into toddlerhood. He's talking so well, I love being able to communicate with him. He cracks us up on a daily basis. He's gotten so independent lately it's killing me. I hear lots of "Eban do it", "I'll help", and "I get it". He's figured out how to bargain and offer "deals" to get his way. We've started working on potty training, but he's not super interested. I wish he was because this morning he was standing in his crib, diaper off and there was a fresh puddle of pee on the floor. Paul was impressed that he did his business standing up, though the slats in the crib, but I was a little worried about how many other puddles might be there! He still loves Thomas the train and his bike. His favorite "tb" shows are "Pinky Dinky Doo" and "Go gabba gabba". He likes the movie "Cars" and it starting to get into lightning McQueen and his friends. His favorite song as of the past few days is "baa, baa black sheep" and he has finally big enough to start enjoying playland at McDonalds. Which is a huge blessing seeing as it's 95 degrees outside and I'm 8 months pregnant!
Baby Kate is still hanging out and we are looking forward to her arrival! She is an unbelievably active baby! Evan never moved this much when he was inside of me. So far the pregnancy has gone well, and aside from gaining more weight by this time than I did the entire time with Evan I'm feeling pretty good. The only thing that I've craved is powdered donuts- I don't usually care for donuts, but this girl LOVES a package of hostess donettes. That would explain some of the weight gain wouldn't it?!
We are on the countdown now- 5 weeks left! So much to do and so little energy to do it! I have been trying to get some projects done this summer and have almost accomplished them all- I'll have to post on that later!
3 comments:
Long time no see. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to meet baby Kate(?). Hopefully we'll see you soon. We might need to come to you this time
We miss you guys! I think it's our turn to journey down south to see you guys. Maybe we need to attempt a beach day sometime this month?
Glad to hear you got a new camera! Kate broke mine at EFY and I have been using Marcus' big SLR, I hate lugging it around and have missed out on lots of photo oppportunities because of it. It was great to see you a few weeks ago. Good luck w/the baby, hopefully your Kate won't be as big as our Kate...she too loved the donuts, but preferred Daylight!
Post a Comment