Tuesday, October 20, 2009

She's FINALLY here!!!!

October 16, 2009
2:30 p.m.
8 lbs. 6 oz.
She was a week late, but little Katherine Joyce made her way to us! I was induced on Friday and she came soon thereafter. It was so great to finally meet her! So far she is a sweet baby girl who likes to eat and is a quiet observer. She will lay awake and just check everything out. She is super mellow! It's been fun getting her dressed,putting in bows, and trying to figure out what she's going to wear that day. I have forgotten how sweet babies are and the things that I love about this short stage. I love when they recognize your voice, I love teasing her with kisses and having her little bird mouth chase me for food, I love the balled up baby legs, and I love how tiny she is when she lays next to you. I am just trying to recouperate, be a mom to Evan, and enjoy this short sweet time before its gone! I'm already exhausted, but happily exhausted.


11 comments:

Chrissy said...

Congratulations!!! I too love that newborn stage! Why does it go so fast???? Enjoy!!!

McEwen Family said...

Congrats you guys, she is beautiful!

McEwen Family said...

Congrats you guys, she is beautiful!

Princess Sarah said...

What a beautiful little girl! I am so happy baby Kate is finally here!! Thanks for sharing and posting all these great pics! Please call me if you need ANYTHING!!!! I will be here this weekend! Love you guys! xoxoxo!

Anna said...

Oh what a cutie! She is perfect, just like the girl version of Evan. They are so sweet together.

Heather said...

Chels - What a beauty and you sound like you are tired but loving every minute of it! I love the pictures and especially hearing how Evan is with her! it seems like he has already made the adjustment of having her around. When does family leave and what help do you need? Let people like me know! Can't wait to hold her!

Lisa said...

Oh my, she is precious! Congratulations. We'll have to come down and visit soon.

ashley said...

congrats! she is cute! and looks like evan is going to be a great big brother!

The Trainas said...

Chels she is SOOO beautiful! I want to hear Kwinkle little star! :) Love the blanket, love her belly button, everything. Thanks for the pics!

mandy said...

What a little doll face!! We are so anxious to meet her. Let us know when you are up for visitors and we'll come down with dinner. Or if you are looking for an excuse to get out of the house, come join us at my parents for trick or treating on Halloween. Love & Miss you guys! Congrats!

Hunnie said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful!